If you’re planning on making a road trip across Texas, you’re in for a treat. This state has so much to offer visitors, from stunning natural scenery to vibrant city life. You’ll find a lot of picturesque spots that are perfect for those looking for the best place to unwind and spend the weekend.
As you travel across the state, you might look for other ways to entertain yourself along with the whole family. Thankfully, there are various activities you can do to make your road trip more interesting. You can also consider stopping over at some famous attractions. Whether you’re driving from east to west or vice versa, make sure to check out these amazing places along the way!
Activities To Do During Road Trips
Road trips can be a fun way for the whole family to bond and spend some quality time together. However, these activities are not suitable if you’re driving, and it would be best to pull over first. But if you’re in the passenger seat, feel free to participate in any of these activities. If you’re looking for some fun and exciting ideas on how to keep everyone entertained, here are a few suggestions:
- Play games: This is a great way to keep everyone occupied, and there are plenty of options to choose from. Classics like I Spy and 20 Questions never get old, and there are also plenty of newer games that the kids will love, such as Heads Up.
- Watch movies: If everyone’s in the mood for some light entertainment, pop in a movie. You can either bring your own media player or download something on your tablet or phone. Just make sure to have enough snacks and drinks to last the journey!
- Listen to music: This is always a popular option when traveling by car. Create a personal playlist of your favorite tunes, or listen to some themed mixes for the trip.
- Stop at landmarks: A road trip is a perfect opportunity to visit some of Texas’ amazing landmarks. Make sure to do your own research beforehand so that you can plan out which ones you want to see. Some popular destinations include the Alamo in San Antonio and the Space Center in Houston.
Texas is a big and diverse state, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy on a road trip. Just make sure to plan ahead and take breaks often so that you can fully appreciate all the sights and sounds this great state has to offer!
Best Landmarks to Stop Over Across Texas
If you’re planning to make a road trip across Texas, there are plenty of landmarks that you can stopover. Here are some of the best landmarks that you should consider:
- The Alamo: The Alamo is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Texas. It is located in San Antonio and was the site of the Battle of the Alamo in 1836.
- Space Center Houston: Space Center Houston is a museum dedicated to space exploration. It is located in Houston and features exhibits on astronauts, rockets, and more.
- Texas State Capitol: The Texas State Capitol is the seat of government for the state of Texas. It is located in Austin and houses the offices of the governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general.
- San Antonio River Walk: The San Antonio River Walk is a network of walkways along the San Antonio River. It is located in San Antonio and features restaurants, shops, and more.
- Big Bend National Park: Big Bend National Park is a national park located in southwestern Texas. It offers hiking, camping, and bird watching opportunities.
These are just some of the many landmarks that you can visit on your road trip across Texas. So plan ahead and make sure to add them to your itinerary!
Tips in Traveling Across Texas
Besides keeping yourself entertained, you also need to consider a lot of things to make sure your road trip is safe and successful. You might be wondering how long to drive across Texas; it could take more or less than thirteen hours, depending on your route, as well as your stopovers. Traveling across Texas is a long journey, and you must be prepared for it. There are various tips you can follow to help you out.
The first thing you can do is plan your route. This is crucial if you want to avoid getting lost. Map out your route and take note of the landmarks and attractions that you’ll be passing by. Also, having a concrete plan helps you save time and gas.
Another essential tip is to make sure your car is in good condition before the trip. This means checking the oil level, tire pressure, and other fluid levels. You don’t want to be stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire or an empty gas tank.
It’s also crucial that you take breaks often. Driving for long hours can be tiring, so make sure to take a break every few hours. This will help you stay alert and focused on the road.
If you want to avoid extra time on stopovers, you can consider packing lunch or snacks to keep you fueled during the trip. Bottles of drinkable water should also be available to stay hydrated. This way, you can save time and money instead of buying food along the way.
Lastly, always bring an emergency kit with you. This should include a first-aid kit, jumper cables, a flashlight, and other items that can come in handy in case of an emergency.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your road trip across Texas will be safe and enjoyable. So start planning your journey today!
Texas is a big and beautiful state with plenty to offer tourists. If you’re planning a road trip across Texas, be sure to add some of the state’s best landmarks to your itinerary. And don’t forget to follow some essential tips to make sure your journey is safe and successful!